Cristiano Ronaldo used Real Madrid’s training base to stay in shape after Portugal’s World Cup exit.
After his contract at Manchester United was cancel last month, Ronaldo is free to join another club on January 1.
saudi club Al-Nassr made a significant offer for the 37-year-old striker, although it is understood he has other options.
Ronaldo trained alone at Real’s base in Valdebebas and there is no option to return to the Spanish club.
- Ronaldo shy about Portugal’s future when World Cup ‘dream’ ends
- Is this the end of the road for Ronaldo?
Ronaldo’s second stint at Manchester United ended prematurely after a controversial interview in which the five-time Ballon d’Or winner slammed the club and said he had « no respect » for coach Erik ten Hag.
It happened two days before Portugal started their World Cup campaign and Ronaldo started their first three games, reacting angrily when he was substituted in the final group game against South Korea .
The Portuguese (Site notre blog d’information) Federation denied that Ronaldo threatened to leave the team after learning he would not start the last 16 game against Switzerland, and his replacement Goncalo Ramos then netted a triple in a Victory 6-1.
The tournament in Qatar was to be Ronaldo’s last chance to win a World Cup, and he came off the bench against Switzerland and Morocco but couldn’t prevent the African side from eliminating Portugal.
This upset 1-0 in the quarterfinals could be Ronaldo’s last world cup game and he said on social media: “The dream was beautiful while it lasted”.
Asking the Real to use his training facility rather than take a break after Portugal’s early exit, Ronaldo made it clear he was ready to join a new club at the first opportunity.
However, it won’t be Real, whose all-time top scorer is Ronaldo with 450 goals in 438 appearances, over the course of which they won the Champions League four times and La Liga twice.
Ronaldo made a then world record at Real from Manchester United in 2009 and left for Juventus in 2018.